Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baseball season is over...


Chris was sliding into "home" plate last week and when he went to slide he had to slide on the opposite side that he normally does (because of a scraped leg) and he landed on his arm wrong-- I knew immediately that something wasn't right and we took him to insta-care in North Orem. The doctor x-rayed him and he couldn't see anything and sent him home although he said that fractures on the wrist's growth plate don't always show up. The next day Mike had to go to the doctor and took Chris went with him because he was in a lot of pain and after checking him out the doctor felt that he needed to be casted so his wrist would heal properly. He 'll be wearing it for 4 weeks--


Chris and Mike are going to Scout camp all this next week and we got him a vacuum sealed waterproof plastic guard for his arm so he can swim. I feel a party coming on with the boys gone-- any takers? hee hee

6 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

Bring on the party! My guys aren't going to camp, but who cares!! Girls days, lunch, nights, allnighters are the best!

The Lowder Family said...

Oh, the broken arms....I've had 3 too many, and it totally takes the fun out of everything! poor guy

DeVries Family said...

Yuck for the arm!! Does that mean the baseball is over for the season, or can he play with it? Is the season about over? I don't know much about baseball...except that t-ball/coach pitch are a form of torture to observe! I WISH I couls paricipate in an all-nighter with you...or even a few hours! Think of me while you party!!!

easleyfamily said...

I agree with Becky, Bring on the party! We all need a good summertime party; and your just the woman to do it! :)

Annie said...

Oh, broken arms are never good, but the party sure sounds fun!! I know you know how to party... maybe Steff U. will tap dance for us again!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh poor chris, not fun.