Thursday, July 24, 2008

Honoring Mom in Seattle...

We had a fun time in Seattle--it was great to have my sister's, Mom and aunts hanging around in Seattle--We were honoring a great lady and happy that she is still with us.

~Don't we look cute in our matching shirts that my cousin Sara made us? She did a good job!!We got a lot of attention walking around Pike's market with our matching shirts. A bunch of 5 feet tall women get attention anyway but add the shirts and you have "mayhem"-- hee hee ~



~Bracelets that Jozette helped me and my girls make for the occasion-- they turned out pretty cute!!!~




~This was a sweet momont that got us all crying-- the hug with mom's favorite nurse Lynette that helped take care of her 20 years ago for the 4 months she was at the hospital-- it was a miracle that we found her. So much had changed at this hospital since mom was there and we weren't recognizing anything or anybody for that matter and were about ready to give up and leave the hospital and then we found Lynette. ~



~The pink ladies outside the hospital-- bone marrow transplants aren't done here anymore-- a lot has changed in 20 years~~ Mom and Diane in front of the Tuscany Apartments where Mom lived during the bone marrow transplant process. Her mom and dad stayed here with her and took care of her the whole time--bless their hearts!!~~The "Duck" Tour was a blast-- we went on a tour vehicle made in the 40's for the war in which we could be driving on land one minute and floating as a boat the next. Very fun!! Our tour guide was a complete spaz named "Helen Wheels"--get it? Anyway-- highly recommended if you ever go to Seattle--The naked bicyclists we saw were a bonus...NOT!~~Here the "duck" is on water and those are "quackers" in our mouth's so we could sound like a duck-- you know me, I have to be constantly entertained j/k~
~My sister Jodie wanted to get her hair cut and we found this salon pretty close to the space needle and the hairstylist did an amazing job!!!! ~~"AFTER" ~
~Chic hair cut Jodi--LOVE IT!!~~We love "Ivars" it has amazing fish and chips and the clam chowder mmmmm ~~Water front eating is awesome-- the weather was divine the whole time-- I hardly saw a cloud in the sky~ ~The topper (pardon the pun) was dinner in the Space Needle--it was fun and another something that you have to do if you visit Seattle-- save your pennies cuz it's not cheap but it is definitely worth it-- each meal is a work of art and very delicious~~Sister Emily, Jodie, me, SIL Melanie, and sister Amy~~My Alaskan Halibut ~
~This was pretty cool--it was just ice cream with fudge topping but add some dry ice and it is ice cream extraordinaire and I think it was only $25~ha ha~The last day we went on a Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island-- it was fun and I got to see my kids who were staying with my Brother while his wife was hanging with us. Chelsea, Chris and Casey had a lot of fun too--they stayed an extra week after I went home and their adventures will be in a future post~

12 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

What a wonderful trip!

skcoe said...

WOW. How meaningful and perfect for her 20th anniversary of health and a long life! Looks like you had a fun time, I love the shirts and bracelets (good idea!) and your sister's haircut is HOOOOT. LOve it!

dianep said...

Still smiling thinking of all the good times we had. Thanks for more pics.

dianep said...

Still smiling thinking of all the good times we had. Thanks for more pics.

Sara said...

still wishing I could have been there w/ you all! I'm glad you took so many pics and at least I feel I was "sort of" there because of the shirts. :) You all looked so cute in them -- I'm happy you liked them! Those bracelets are super cute! I have never tried to make jewelry ... maybe someone needs to teach me!
I miss you tons!
and those pics w/ Lynette totally made me cry AGAIN even though I already knew the story and had seen Mom's pics!!

Jodie's hair is suuuuper cute! I love it when someone makes a huge chop like that. so fun! I bet she felt like she'd had a makeover! :)
do any of your sisters have blogs? they need to! i miss everyone.

Sarah Lee said...

It looks like an amazing trip. It makes me want to call my sister and Mom right now and arrange the same thing.

The Lowder Family said...

Oh, I absolutely love Seattle! It looks like you had an amazing trip, I wish that I could have fit in your suitcase as a stow away

DeVries Family said...

I LOVE SEATTLE!!!! It looks like your fam is just as crazy as you are! I was really touched by this post! Your Mom and Auntie are amazing ang courageous women! Looks like you had a great time! You deserve it...ya GOOFBALL

jenn said...

Girl- you are making me SO homesick and I haven't lived there for 14 years! Bainbridge Island was in my ward when I lived in Poulsbo and the ferry is absolutely my favorite part of Seattle, right after Ivar's- oh, I am hungry right now! Eating on the space needle is very cool but really- all the amazing things you did are dwarfed by your amazing mom and her story! I LOVE that you all got together to celebrate- she has certainly LIVED those 20 years!

Tanya said...

how cool! this looks like you had so much fun! i love the bracelets! how are you guys?

Anonymous said...

that would be an amazing trip, i love all the pictures and getting a glimpse of what's going on in your life. I like the bracelets for sure very cute.

Steph said...

Steph your famliy looks like so much fun! Now we know where you get it. I do have one question... why are you the only one who is actually using the duck quacker thing? hmmm..... interesting! ;o)