Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's finally here....

Happy Birthday Janet-- I can't think of a better birthday present!!

A bunch of us crazy ladies from work got together to celebrate Janet's birthday which was August 2nd--Saturday-- We celebrated her birthday with her on Friday night Aug 1st because that night at midnight was when the "Breaking Dawn" book(the 4th of the Stephenie Meyer's series) was sold and when Janet turned another year older. As far as she was concerned there was no better way to celebrate!!! Our evening started out at the Brick Oven and.... We all sang to her...
and were entertained by Mary Ann showing us the contents of her purse which partly consisted of a full tube of crest toothpaste w/out the cap and other items.... and had a balloon "artist" make Janet a funky birthday hat.....
which she loved so much, can't you tell?...

I had to have one too so I could embarrass the tar out of Chelsea, since that's my job!!..It's an alien with a "laser gun"wrapping its legs around my head in case you were wondering. It really is a laser gun even though a few of the ladies begged to differ...Then we shared some yummy mousse pie...and held hands at wal-mart ....
Then we eventually ended up at"Borders" where the hugest and craziest "Breaking Dawn" party was happening and Janet who is the "hugest" fan of all had wristband #43 to stand in line for the book. There were over 1000 people there so it went very quickly when midnight hit and the books started to sell. Can you see Janet anywhere? Hmmmm...
"gimme my books....(13 of them) NOW....please?Boy was Janet excited-notice her outstretched hands? hee heeThis is where we all sang "happy birthday"again and a lot of people joined in... it was awesome-- she was speechless here :0)
Precious cargo heading to the cash register...one last picture and let's get outta there to read our books...Janet reading in the car on the way home!!! Happy Birthday Janet-- what a fun time!!!!

11 comments:

Sara said...

you crazy gals!
i bet that was so much fun :)

xoxo

maria said...

That was hilarious! What a fun birthday! I was laughing out loud when I saw your alien:) I am just not sold on the idea that it is a laser gun!

Tanya said...

that is awesome!

jenn said...

SO fun!! I'm still waiting for my copy to show up in the mail.

Janet said...

I need copies of those pictures. You have better ones than me!!
Love your BUTT

Emily H said...

So sad I missed it!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha how fun! I'm waiting for Dan to finish reading it so I can! whoo hoo!!!!!

Derick and Becky said...

I LOVE that your friend wore that hat ALL NIGHT! Looked like lots of fun! Now that we moved from Orem, we never go to Brick OVen anymore, sad.

DeVries Family said...

So much fun! Thanks for letting me tag along!

steff said...

Steph I am so dissapointed that we didnt see that alien hat at church the next day!

Cute It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The picture of chelsea laughing at you is so cute.

Vicky Bonita said...

That was AWESOME!! You girls are really funny!!!

Sorry Steph, that's not a laser gun (you perv...)