Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our 17th Anniversary...September 20th

I can't believe it has been 17 years that I met this guy of mine. This is our story: I was living in Las Vegas at the time in 1991 and a friend of mine from New Zealand was visiting me. Her name is Carolyn and we have been pen pals since I was 8 years old--(my Grandparents served a mission there.) Anyway, while she was visiting me, we were invited to a party with other New Zealanders. The lady I was living with at the time had a daughter who was married to a guy from New Zealand so we had quite the party.. New Zealand style... While we were partying, a lady approached me and told me about a guy that was living with her family who had just joined the church a few months before. She told me he was probably just laying by the pool if I wanted to call him and invite him over. What?!? Is he cute? what can you tell me about him? "Yeah he's cute she said, and he has big muscles and is really tan! She told me that the night before, he went to Rockabilly's dance club and so I got an idea... The spaz that I am called him-- Yeah I'm not shy but good grief... what am I going to say? ....ring ring ring... "hello?" ( in an ohio accent)...."ummmm hi, this is Stephanie, we met last night at Rockabilly's dance club... remember me? We danced together....?! .....silence...... "uh, no we didn't"-- ha ha Mike didn't dance with anyone that night-- Well then, I had to tell him the truth and that Sara had told me about him and suggested that I invite him over to this party. He told me that would be fun and I told him I would come and get him in 10 minutes.

I pulled up in front of the house and waited for a moment and then decided to go to the door-- as I was going to the door, he was walking out. NICE!! she was right, he was cute and talk about muscles!!! Okay so he was tall dark and handsome.... now what was his personality like-- what kind of music does he like-- is he outgoing, etc... He got in my yellow camaro Iroq and I was playing a country music song--which he said he liked and off we drove.... He and I had a great time at the party and I was impressed with his people skills and everything I saw thus far.

We spent the next 2 1/2 weeks together and were inseparable and I was hoping that he wasn't too good to be true. He was outgoing, funny, hardworking, devoted to the gospel, and everything I could want. I was afraid that he would slip through my fingers so in only 19 days of knowing each other, we were married!!!!hee hee--- I don't recommend this to anyone but that is our story and I love him even though sometimes he can be difficult to live with ... hey, so can I!!! To many more years Mikey.... I love you!!




For my Anniversary---I got a beautiful "Bosch Universal Plus" 800 watt mixer. I have always wanted one and now I finally have one--WOW!! My Uncle and Aunt, Chuck and Linda have sold Bosch's and other kitchen supplies for as long as I can remember and I grew up with a Bosch mixer. I called them up and they hooked me up with the top of the line mixer---I can't wait to get using it---next payday, I'm getting a wheat grinder from them as well. If anyone is interested in their website it is: http://www.krconnect.com/ and type the word bloom in the customer access box.

14 comments:

skcoe said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you silly little lovebirds... Hope you have a great day!

DeVries Family said...

Happy Anniversay...you are one "hot" 80's mamma!!! Mike looks so tough, oh the good old days!!
Nice Bosch!! For my anniversary last month, I got...oh wait, what was I thinking? I didn't get anything!! Ithink my hubby was trying to forget that crap choice he made 13 years ago...SUCKA!! Hahahaha!!! You are a loved woman! Forget cows...you are a Turbo Bosch wife!! Talk about true love!!

Sarah Lee said...

Married after 19 days??? That is crazy! But, look at how well everything turned out.

I love the Bosch too. I wish I had a place to keep one.

The Shafers said...

WOW!! 19 days.. I love it! Congrats and I hope you have many many many more years together!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad we know you two.

Nate / Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I just got the same Bosch back in Feb. I Love it!! Enjoy!!

The Lowder Family said...

your hair is CLASSIC!!! Wow, how the times have changed haven't they? I am a little envious of your new kitchen tool~

blythe said...

Love the pictures, your hair is awesome! Happy Anniversary!

lissa said...

Congrats! I must say, I love the hair!! 17 years is definitely worth celebrating.

June said...

Congrats! You two are so fun!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

yeah baby! like the hair! I never knew you got married after only knowing each other for 19 days! Well congrat's to you both for not running away from each other :)) ahhh bosch... what did i get for my anniversary??? lol

The Freak Parade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Freak Parade said...

Hey what's that above Mikes lip? That is some great hair Steph! I love it, it is so fun to see friends "back when". Congrats!

bonnie said...

Congratulations!!! Wow 19 days I thought my engagement was short (6 months). Way to go.