Monday, April 7, 2008

The "Wicked" post I promised from last weekend...


Debbie, Steffanie, Heather, me, Sheryl and Annie just before we left on our trip-

we are just a little bit excited!

The first night we stayed the night in St. George at Sheryl's Inlaws and had a great night sleep and the most amazing breakfast the next day. Martha made us wonderful scones with homemade honey butter and sausage and O.J. Mmmmmmm!(thanks Martha)We left Friday morning at 10:30am and headed for L.A.- Woo hoo!We got a hotel that night and all 6 of us stayed in one room-we wouldn't have it any other way-- I was nervous about bothering everyone because I snore but noone complained :0)
As you can see it was tight quarters but we managed just fine!!


Friday night- our first night in L.A., we really wanted to find a Cheesecake Factory restaurant and weren't having much success. We were on San Vicente and Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills and we decided we would stop at this street that had a bunch of outdoor tables and looked like a nice place to stop. We paid a valet $10 to park and we all excitedly started walking to find us a place to eat. We got to the corner and I looked at all of these people eating outside and I noticed that there was not a single woman to be found. What I did see were a bunch of men oogling at each other and enjoying each other's company way too much. Gurrrrrr!!! We crossed the street at this point and I think a few others were starting to figure it out but we had to prove it so we kept walking...We had to look like a bunch of naive tourists and we high tailed it out of there as soon as we were all figured out that this was not where we were going to hang out that night. We finally did end up at a Cheesecake Factory and I never felt so glad to be someplace familiar in my life! The sad thing is that before we stopped at the "happy" place before the Cheesecake Factory, Heather said she had a bad feeling about this(stopping there) and we all ignored her- sorry Heather- I will listen to you next time :0) by the way- i have to give Sheryl credit for the photo collages-- i wished I could say I knew how to do that but I don't-- thanks Sheryl!!!!In the parking lot of our hotel, these cute kids were entertaining themselves with a shopping cart--they were taking turns riding in it and coasting for a distance before almost crashing-- they were giggling and having a good time, so much so that I had to give it a try. J/K -- I did want to sit in it for a minute though.
On day 2-(Saturday) we all wanted to go to the beach. Unfortunately, there was a cold front in L.A. and so the beach wasn't exactly laying out weather but we still had fun! There was an old man with a cart and he had these beautiful parrots. Before I knew what was going on he was trying to get me to kiss one of them. I wasn't doing it right and he was practically yelling at me--Good grief-- I thought my face was going to be pecked off plus I like to get to know those who I make out with-- sheesh! After all of the craziness he charged me a dollar for the picture--You have to admit, that was a pretty bird though!


Heather is a show off (hee hee) she had no problem kissing the bird and the old man didn't yell at her at all, where is the justice?



Sheryl was pretty funny here... as you can see she was writing in the sand with her toe and was making people around her giggle as she was being silly and embellishing her artwork in the sand. Everyone was writing "wicked 2008" but Sheryl was putting a witch hat and all kinds of stuff on hers. We were entertained to say the least.




We were striking some cheerleading poses-- Ok I know I look like a clock but I just wanted to break up the monotony. We are cute though aren't we?


We ate outside at a cafe right on Newport Beach and I had to have my clam chowder. It was a little spicy but good-- The drinks had my favorite little pellet ice and the weather was divine (70 degrees) and the company was great too-- good times!



Annie and Sheryl- "soakin up the sun"

Our manicured toes enjoyed the beach and the sand-- there is definitely something therapeutic about the beach and the ocean.

After the beach we all went back and got ready for "WICKED" and we were extremely excited to say the least. I thought it would be funny to take a picture of all of us exiting the hotel room after we got ready to go. My favorite picture was Sheryl(top left) I loved the way her hair flipped up from the wind at just the right time- she looked like a model. I laughed hard on that one-- Everyone looked beautiful and ready for a fabulous Broadway play! Sheryl made us all beautiful bracelets to commemorate our weekend and we painted our fingernails black.



The Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, California-- What a beautiful Theatre it is!!




The Hollywood walk of fame is along Hollywood Blvd. (Right in front of the Theatre) --everyone got toe rings to show off but i didn't have the right shoes to show off mine--


Thumbs up for "The Fonz"


Before we went in to see "wicked"


Sheryl, Steff, me and Annie in the theatre before the show


We got to pose with the "Wizard of Oz"after the show-- he was fabulous!! I was absolutely blown away with the play. I didn't have a clue about what it was all about before we left--I heard the music but it didn't mean too much without knowing what the play was all about. All I can say is "WOW"-- The play was top notch and the cast was beyond amazing. Sheryl was a little concerned because an understudy was playing the part of Glinda but she was not disappointed as were any of us. A few of us were actually emotional it was so good--crazy huh? I recommend everyone to see this!


One more cheerleader pose in our "wicked" t-shirts the day we were leaving-- The time went by way too fast but was much needed fun and a great get away--Everyone got along great and it was good for me to get to know everyone better. Thanks everyone for a great weekend!!!


We had so much stuff-- Sheryl set the timer on her camera and took this photo showing us with all of our "stuff" before we left to go home. I can't believe we pulled it off so well- 6 women and 1 bathroom in one hotel room-- The ride home was uneventful and as usual not very quiet. It is amazing how much 6 women have to say and I loved every minute of it. Thanks again to all for such a great time and wonderful break from reality!!


All of the pictures from the trip at the link below if anyone is interested:


http://picasaweb.google.com/smacula33/WickedMarch08


Some things that were said on the trip: "my bestfriend Michelle", "It's high time" , and "I'm dead inside"(hee hee), and of course "dad-burn it" or "dad-blast it" or "dad gummit"

Things I learned about everyone: Debbie is calm cool and collected yet pretty funny- she is fun to hang with and has cute stories about her kids. she said she was dead inside when she was tickled and wouldn't laugh but I don't believe that :0)


Heather is always happy and has something to contribute no matter what the conversation is about-- she has a big heart and is funny and has great cheerleading kicks and poses.


Annie is wise beyond her years and is funny and has great cheerleading poses too especially with her face :0)


Steffanie is witty and has funny stuff coming out of her mouth at the most random times- she is a great clogger too!!


Sheryl has the best tips on how to get a stain out of anything and is funny as well (we're all funny what can I say?) she also is very creative and had us pose in some pretty silly ways while taking pictures.

15 comments:

jenn said...

what a great get-a-way Stephanie! I must say, I am most jealous about your 70 degree weather, especially today when it is freakin' snowing again!!

steff said...

I am ready to go again. Actually I was ready to go again about two minutes after we got home. It truely was an amazing trip. What shall we go see next year??

Derick and Becky said...

When you are posing like a cheerleader on the beach I started singing that What Time is It song from High School Musical. Yes, now it is stuck in my head! Sounds like a fun trip!

The Lowder Family said...

Wow, you blog too!!! Everyone does in the ward, its so much fin to see what everyone is up to. Looks like you had a great time in Cali.

Sarah Lee said...

Looks like such a fun trip. I am definately in for next year!

skcoe said...

I could look at these pics every day and not get sick of them...

Sara said...

wow!!!! what a funnnnnnnnn getaway steph! that looks like an absolute blast. and i'm POSITIVE that all the ladies had fun because YOU were there. You are seriously the most fun person to hang around, I'm sure you kept everyone laughing -- right? :)

You're the best!
Love you, cous!

Sara said...

p.s. be sure to look at the funny clip on my xanga blog. I bet your kids will think it's funny too. :)

Tanya said...

Good for you Steph! That looks like you had so much fun! I have to say I am jealous!

Emily H said...

It looks like you had a blast!

DeVries Family said...

What a SPAZ! You are the biggest maniac I have ever met! Traveling with you is the best! Glad you had fun!!!

Babe in Boysland said...

Hi Steph, BestFriendMichelle here. What a great trip we had. I'm glad I got to go with you, even though I wasn't there. Maybe someday I will get to go, then you won't have to get sick of HEARING about me, you can just get sick of SEEING me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun on your trip! you deserve it! except for the old man yelling at you ha/ha

Steph said...

Lots of fun steph. I am glad you had a good time - you deserved it!

Vicky Bonita said...

I love your post!! so detailed! so good!! I love the pictures too!!

You are such a fun girl!! that's why everyone has fun when you are around!!