Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lacrosse



Chelsea has taken up Lacrosse and starting to really enjoy it. I say starting to because it took a little bit of time to get used to 2 hour practices every day where she does a lot of running and sprinting to get conditioned. She can say that after a month or so, her legs are very strong and she is feeling really good and she is loving it. Lehi High School has only had a Lacrosse team for a couple of years and the first couple of years they were pretty much the bad news bears. This year things are coming together for the team and they have won some tough games and the girls are a fun group. They even get together for dinners and have had a sleep over at one of the coaches house. Go Chelsea!!

6 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

That is awesome. I heard that lacrosse can be brutal. Has she been injured yet?

smacula said...

Girls lacrosse isn't as bad as the guys.(They wear full pads like in football and are allowed to hit)The girls can't-- Chelsea has to wear a metal face mask but no other protection--she has accidentally been hit by a stick on the nose and she says it's not fun:0)

Tanya said...

That is way cool Chelsea! I don't think I would have the guts to do that! So I think you are great for doing it!

jenn said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I played for three weeks in High School, but the program was new and the girls team just couldn't get going, so I spent the next five years cheering for my brothers. (Guys always get more attention and money than girls when it comes to sports. ugh.) I still have my stick and hope that my girls will pick it up when they are bigger.

GO CHELSEA!

Melanie said...

Congratulations Chelsea! I think that looks like a lot of fun! Lacrosse is very cool. I had never heard of it until I moved to Utah. Good luck on your games! Be sure to wear the mask! :)

Vicky Bonita said...

Yay Chelsea!!

And you need to explain to me what in the world is lacrosse. But sounds like fun!!