Friday, April 4, 2008

My Mom is arriving tonight!

This is Grandma Folsom at her 90th "surprise" birthday party a few years ago with my brother Darren and his wife Claudia and baby, Max

I'm so excited to pick my Mom up from the airport tonight-- She lives in Washington State and I don't get to see her too often. My Grandma Folsom, (her Mom) is 93 and getting to the end of her "wonderful" life and she is going to help take care of her in Provo for a few days. Grandma is in a lot of pain but is sleeping a lot which is fortunate because she is in no pain while she is asleep. We don't know how long she is going to hang on but Grandma is anxious to be with my Grandpa again and we feel it will be pretty soon. We love you Grandma!

6 comments:

Vicky Bonita said...

I'm glad your mom is coming to visit. It is so wonderful to have grandmas! I'm glad you still have yours, and what a joy to be ready to go back to Heavenly Father (and your husband) any time!

Sara said...

wow, look how different grandma looks there in that picture. she has definitely lost weight and lost her "zest" for life, huh?

i am glad your mom will get to be there again for a few days. i remember thinking that grandma wouldn't make it this long. i can't believe she's still with us!

love you, cous!

jenn said...

I just had my mom here- mom's are SO great! I am so happy for you that she is coming- TONIGHT!! ;)

I'm sorry about your grandma but it sounds like she has had a full life and it isn't fun to see the ones we love in pain. I'll be thinking of you!

Julie W said...

Enjoy your time with mom. I'm looking forward to my mom coming next week. Sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances. That is so nice that she can spend a few days with her mom and help take care of her in her final days. I hope it will be a sweet experience for her.

Tanya said...

OH your mom is so fun! I am so glad that she is coming! I am so sorry about your grandma. My prayers are with you!!!

Sarah Lee said...

How fun to have your Mom come visit! I forget what it's like to not have my Mom close.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma as well, but, as much as she will be missed, I'm sure she will have quite the homecoming on the other side.