Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grandma's Funeral-in Utah

the cousins
Mom( far right) and her siblings

My FamilyFred and Harriet Gummow (they were my next door neighbors when I was a child-- they look the same to me and it was so fun to see them)- Harriet played the organ for the funeral service.
their sons are Gary, Glade, Glen, Grant, Greg and Gordon-- happy memories with this family-

We had a nice reunion with family this past weekend! Saturday was the funeral service for my sweet Grandmother in Provo and then Monday was the burial and another service in Portland, Oregon at Sunset Hills Cemetary. I was fortunate to be able to go to Portland to the service and burial up there and see my family. The funeral in Oregon was yesterday-Monday, May 19th (I will post Oregon photos later when i get them)--

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a legacy she left behind. I'm glad you got to go up to portland.

skcoe said...

I hope you were able to enjoy yourself and remember all the reasons you loved your grandma so much. It's a good time for reflection!

Sarah Lee said...

Isn't it great to see your grandma live on in all of you! What an incredible posterity she has!

Tanya said...

I love your family! I met a few of them when I lived there and I think they are great!! I am so glad that you got to be in Oregon! I've been thinkin' of you...I had the hardest time losing my gma!!

DeVries Family said...

Man...you will do ANYTHING to get out of work! Kind of pathetic Steph! All for a trip to Oregon? Well...I hope it was worth it, Missy!
Seriously...sorry! If your grandmother was even half the lady you are (could you imagine how short she'd be?) she would have to be absolutely incredible!
You and your family are in my prayers! I do love ya!

Vicky Bonita said...

I'm glad you got to go to Portland to be with your family in these times, is sure nice to have their support in moments like these, and also be a support for them.

jenn said...

I know YOU are amazing and I think your mom is SO dang cute- I can only imagine how delightful your grandma must have been! The smiles on your good lookin' family confirms that she was one special lady!

Glad you could spend time with your family Steph!

Melanie said...

When you describe your Grandma I think of you. You are such a positive person. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's so hard when they go even when we know it's happy for them. Love ya!