Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cucumbers and Lacrosse?!?


Okay-- so I can't get my pictures off of my camera and my son just turned 13 and I've had an Anniversary-- so kind of big deals, but I guess those posts will have to wait another day or so :0 ) In the meantime, I'm going to ramble and tell a funny story.

Yesterday at work, my friend Susan brought "lemon" cucumbers to work that she had grown in her garden. The "lemon" part of the name is because of the way they look but let me tell you, it was delicious and everything you would want in a cucumber and more and tastes nothing like a lemon. Anyway, I put one in my purse to take home for later and then got really busy and forgot about it. Chelsea had a lacrosse game in Sandy and life got busy and the lemon cucumber sat in my purse. After the game, I took Chelsea and her friend Lindsey home and while we were driving home, we were talking about what sounded good to eat. --Chelsea was saying that fast food would make her throw up and said a salad would be good, and Lindsey said that a cucumber sounded good. WHAT?!? a cucumber?--- "I think I have one of those in my purse!!"--after all of the --"ha ha's" and "yeah whatever's", etc... I pulled out my handy dandy cucumber and offered it to Lindsey and convinced her that it was in fact a cucumber. After we were done laughing hysterically, she delighted in the delicious, crisp treat that came from the bottom of my purse( it was clean, don't worry). It was like manna from heaven. Good Times!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

haha!! i can only imagine how hilarious that must have been. and i can't believe she said a cucumber sounded good! ha! i don't think i've ever craved a cucumber in my life, even though i do like them. :)

skcoe said...

RANDOM! You're lucky it hadn't gone rotten or something- how funny she was craving that! And I love the Lemon Tree song playing in the background...

We need to play again soon!

Julie W said...

Funny story. I just skipped through all your music on playlist. I love it!

Steph said...

Steph - you are a walking boyscout...way to always be prepared!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha what else do you have in that purse of yours???