Friday, September 12, 2008

Flashback Friday


What cute toddlers-- just for fun--I pulled out their journals I kept of my kids cute sayings and I'll share a few now:

  • Chelsea: One day I was drawing you a picture when you were about 2 years old and you clapped your hands and said "Good job Mama!"
  • Chris: One day you were getting dressed (you were 3) and I got you a pair of jeans to put on. You insisted on putting them on yourself which I had no problem with and so I got busy doing something else-- pretty soon I heard you say, "mom, why did Jesus make zippers so hard to zip up!!"
  • Casey: You didn't like Chris to laugh at you about anything and at 2 you would put your hands on your hips and pucker your lips and say, "Not funny "Tis!"
~It's fun being a mom to 3 strong willed kids who definitely have different personalities-- If they don't kill each other it will be a miracle but at least there's never a dull moment and I've enjoyed every step of the way so far- well almost every step, hee hee!!!~

9 comments:

skcoe said...

I LOVE the journals that you keep for your children...how special for each of them to have that! I've tried to do the same thing...I need to be better.

Cute babies!

Sara said...

Awww cute! I'm glad you recorded those funny memories :) hee hee.
They grow so fast!

Julie W said...

Such a good mom. You think you will remember all those fun cute things that happen but you don't unless you write them down. I even have a cute notebook with tabs for each kid and I still haven't written in it.

steff said...

You have got some really great kids. What cute memories.

Melanie said...

Totally cute! I hope those kids give you a big hug everyday for being their Mom - you can tell them I said that! :)

p.s. The jumping at Squaw Peak pictures are hilarious too!

The Shafers said...

I started a journal like that for my kids after hearing Troy Casper give the idea in Sunday School, and I have loved it. I only wish I would have started sooner. That is so neat.You Are an awsome mom.

DeVries Family said...

Very cute Steph! Your kids just get better lookin the bigger they get! I love the memories!

Sarah Lee said...

I love those things that they say! So Cute! I have one of those journals too. They are a little empty. Thank you for re-inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

time goes by so fast! I swear I had all little babies... not they've all grown up :( You had adorable babies though. makes me smile.