Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I couldn't be "40"!!!!

I was totally surprised at work!
Steffanie, Heather(my neighbor and accomplice) and the shocked bd girl!
Sarah, Melanie, Sheryl and Lara
The whole crazy gang!
The delicious "molten lava cake"

I can't believe I hit the 40 mark! I had a wonderful birthday on Sunday, December 30th and was served breakfast in bed by my wonderful husband and kids. It consisted of 2 over easy eggs which is my favorite way to eat eggs and ham and apple juice, toast, and orange slices. I must say it is always so much better to eat food.... that your sweet family has prepared for you! I spent the rest of the day(after church) just hanging out and enjoying the fact that I didn't have to lift a finger and clean and it was wonderful!Later that night I was told by my husband that he and the kids were going to pick me up from work the next day and take me to lunch at 11:30 am. I was excited and was dreaming of "chili's" my favorite restaurant and "southwestern eggrolls". At 11:30 am I called my husband to see if he was ready and I was wrapping up my loose ends at work for the moment. He said he would be right there and no sooner that I got off the phone from him there was a surprise! Some neighbors and friends of mine came in my office with balloons and singing "happy birthday" to me. My husband and our neighbor Heather set the whole thing up--That was Awesome!!!! melanie, Steffanie, heather, sheryl, sarah, lara, and of course myself all went to lunch to..CHILI's and had a fantastic lunch and yes I got my southwestern eggrolls, chips and salsa and the quesadilla explosion salad and a free birthday desert which was no other than the "molten lava cake". It doesn't get any better than that.....THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!

7 comments:

skcoe said...

We are SO CUTE! Happy birthday fun lady...you deserve the best!

steff said...

how fun!! If turning 40 is this much fun I think we should all do it!! Hope you had a great day we love ya.

Brynn said...

Happy late birthday. I actually already saw all of those pictures. I'm watching you steph!!! Well really on others blogs like sheryls. I'm glad to see you blogging. Check mine out too. Brynnley

Sarah Lee said...

I am so glad that you turned 40 Steph! I am hoping that birthday lunches will now turn in to a tradition cause that was too much fun. So glad that you started blogging!

cayden said...

You, I think is a spoiled stinker!!! But your birthday looked really fun. I want you to come aned check out my myspace page, but I do not know how to invite you. Steph help I am computer challenged

Melanie said...

I know I left a comment about this a long time ago but I don't see it posted so I'll just say I think that was awesome fun and we are very funny people! Let's do it again soon!

Vicky Bonita said...

Happy birthday!!
I'm sorry I missed the celebration!! Heather told me about it, but I still had my family in town. Anyways, I'm really happy that you had a good birthday!
Love ya!